Whether you’re looking to experiment with zucchini oats (zoatmeal) or just looking to eat some more oatmeal, this is the post for you! I find many people say they don’t like oatmeal because it’s bland and mushy. It just happens to be one of my favourite foods! Hopefully this will give you a little bit of inspiration to eat more oatmeal, and maybe even try some zoatmeal!
Make this even better!
If you try this, let me know what was your favourite, or your go-to toppings, mine is the PB&J! Follow along on Instagram at @plentyfullvegan.
Zucchini Oats – 3 Ways:
- 1 Zucchini (optional)!
- 1 Cup of oats (I used instant steel cut oats)
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 Cup of plant milk (or use all milk or all water)
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- Maple syrup (optional)*
- ¼ frozen raspberries
- 1 spoon of peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- Chai Berry
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardomon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp (pinch of nutmeg)
- ½ Cup berries
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Spoon of almond or peanut butter
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs and coconut
- Other optional toppings: flax, hemp seeds
- If making zucchini oatmeal, use a fine grater to shred the zucchini (the thinner the better). Add to a pot and cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add oats, water and plant milk and bring to a boil, then let simmer until cooked. Alternatively follow the package directions on your oatmeal.
- Divide oatmeal into 3 portions, or alternatively save the other 2 for later! Add toppings!
Looking for more breakfast? Try: Chia Pudding, Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Bowl, Banana Breakfast Muffins.