Updated January 2021. Whether you’re looking to experiment with zucchini oats (zoatmeal) or just looking to eat some more oatmeal, this is the post for you! I find many people say they don’t like oatmeal because it’s bland and mushy. It just happens to be one of my favourite foods! Hopefully this will give you a little bit of inspiration to eat more oatmeal, and maybe even try some zucchini oatmeal (zoatmeal)!
These zucchini oats are the perfect way to add more fibre and vegetables to your morning, or take these flavour combos to jazz up regular oatmeal!
Take your zucchini oats to the next level!
Elevate your zucchini oatmeal even more! Try making this with homemade almond milk or adding some homemade coconut yoghurt! Or top with homemade peanut butter granola or chai granola.
If you try this, let me know what was your favourite, or your go-to toppings, mine is the PB&J! Follow along on Instagram at @plentyfullvegan.
Zucchini Oats – 3 Ways:
- ½ of a Zucchini
- 1 Cup of oats (I used instant steel cut oats)
- 1 cup each of water and plant milk (or use all milk or all water)
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- Maple syrup (optional)*
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries (defrosted)
- 1 spoon of peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- Chai Berry
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardomon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp (pinch of nutmeg)
- ½ Cup berries
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Spoon of almond or peanut butter
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs and coconut
- Other optional toppings: flax, hemp seeds
- If making zucchini oatmeal, use a fine grater to shred the zucchini (the thinner the better). Add to a pot and cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add oats, water and plant milk and bring to a boil, then let simmer until cooked. Alternatively follow the package directions on your oatmeal.
- Divide oatmeal into 3 portions, or alternatively, save the other 2 for later! Add toppings!
Leave a Reply