These vegan twix bars are the perfect healthy chocolate treat to keep in your freezer!
Looking for more raw vegan chocolate?
Make sure to follow along for more inspiration on Instagram! @PlentyfullVegan
Vegan Twix Bars
Homemade vegan twix with flakey shortbread crust, almond butter caramel and dark chocolate coating. The perfect healthy sweet treat!
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 3 Tbsp almond butter (Sub tahini or cashew butter)
- 3 Tbsp tahini (or more almond butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (to thin)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp macca powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ~3 tbsp plant based milk (adjust to right consistency)
- Short bread and caramel are best done the night before!
- Pre heat oven to 350. To make shortbread add maple syrup to coconut flour and mix until crumbly. Add in solid coconut oil and mix into dough.
- Press the dough into a lined casserole dish, and bake for ~12 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let them cool while you make the caramel.
- To make the caramel, heat all ingredients in a small pot. Pour over the short bread and freeze until solid (over night works well).
- The next day, chop into strips, I chopped into about 8 strips and then in half, this part can get messy! They won't all be perfect.
- To make the chocolate add chocolate chips to the sauce pan and milk to think. Use 2 forks or your fingers to dunk each twix bar and coat with chocolate. Sprinkle with a little extra salt (optional).
- Store in the refrigerator until chocolate is firm - enjoy!
These are best kept in the fridge so the chocolate stays firm and caramel stays gooey. But they also keep forever in the freezer (the caramel will just be slightly harder)!