Combining my two favourite desserts (chocolate chip cookies and s’mores) to make the ultimate vegan s’mores cookies! These are super simple, only require 1-bowl, and have no fancy ingredients (other than vegan marshmallows). I love Dandie’s Brand marshmallows, you can find them at many grocery stores, bulk stores, health food stores or online!
- ½ Cup + 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or light olive oil works as well)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour (Spelt, whole wheat, Gluten-free or try all-purpose/white flour work well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup - ¾ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup mini vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies brand)
- Big pinch of sea salt + more flakey sea salt for topping
- First, melt the coconut oil. Mix the melted oil well with vanilla, sugar, and plant-based milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and marshmallows (feel free to play around with ratios if you want more chocolate/ marshmallows).
- Freeze the dough for 30 minutes, or refrigerate from 12 - 24 hours.
- Bake at 350 for 14-17 minutes.
*This recipe was adapted from the Ovenly Secretly Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I made some healthy swaps by using whole grain flour, and unrefined sugar…. and then added mini marshmallows because, well, balance. And if you’re going to have a junky cookie – it might as well be a s’mores cookie!