This simple vegan french toast comes together in only 15 minutes, the perfect quick fix for a weekend vegan brunch.
My favourite bread – I keep this in the freezer for healthy toast, french toast or sandwiches
- 4-6 Slices of your favourite bread
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp Each: Maple Syrup, Nutritional Yeast, Ground flax*
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil or Vegan Butter to fry
- Toppings: Maple syrup, vegan yoghurt or fruit
- Whisk together milk, flax, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Soak bread in the mixture - 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Heat oil or vegan butter in a pan and fry bread for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Serve with maple syrup, coconut yoghurt or fresh fruit!
* If you do not have ground flax, you can substitute with 2-3 tbsp flour