“Vegan Turmeric Pumpkin Spice Latte” could be the most basic, buzzword-y drink that you ever come across… but I promise it’s good!
Why I love this bevy:
- The sweetness and flavours of a pumpkin spice latte, with the tanginess of turmeric.
- Made frothy in the blender – seriously the best tip to make frothy lattes without fancy equipment
- Naturally sweetened with dates! If you’ve seen my previous posts you know I love to sweetened latte beverages with dates. Not only is it healthy but in my opinion tastes so gooood!
- Enjoy with or without coffee. This is a great before bed treat or great with coffee with your weekend brunch.
An easy way to eat your turmeric! Turmeric is an odd spice that is proven to have incredible benefits! According to Dr. Greger (nutritionfacts.org) we should be having 1/4 tsp of turmeric per day. Learn more about his recommended ‘Daily Dozen’ here. His research has opened my eyes to the health aspects of a vegan diet and I eat very similarly.
Follow @PlentyfullVegan on Instagram for more food adventures!
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp turmeric*
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1.5 cups hot water
- 2 juicy medjool dates (or 3-4 smaller harder ones)*
- 2 shots of espresso or strong coffee (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and enjoy!
* If you don't have a high speed blender, sub 1-2 tbsp maple syrup for dates.