These vegan pizzadillas came about when I had some leftover tofu ricotta I had been experimenting with. What was a way to use up leftovers is now a super delicious recipe I make weekly! This is also inspired by my favorite camping dish – pita pizzas. Non-vegan approved and super easy! A great weeknight meal!
My favorite tortillas: Ezekiel Tortillas (whole grain) Siete Foods (Gluten-Free)
Looking for more recipes? Try: Vegan Lasanga, Vegan Margherita Pizza with Cashew Mozzarella or serve with Vegan Caesar Salad
- Tofu Ricotta
- ½ block firm tofu
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- ½ tsp each dried basil and oregano
- 2 flour or whole wheat tortillas*
- ~1/2 cup pizza sauce of your choice
- ½ red onion
- 6-8 white or cremini mushrooms
- ½ a bell pepper
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Optional extra vegetables: Cherry tomatoes, olives, zucchini, sundried tomato, pickled jalapenos or banana peppers
- Start by blending your tofu ricotta, simply add everything to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Next, fry your vegetables until cooked. You can fry them in a little olive oil, vegetable broth, or water depending on your preferences!
- Next, load up your tortilla! Spread tomato sauce across the whole tortilla and tofu ricotta on top. Then add your vegetables to one half of the tortilla. Fold over the other half. Fry in a pan until brown and crispy on both sides. This works best with a little bit of olive oil
*I like Ezekiel brand tortillas or, if you are in the states, siete foods gluten-free tortillas
Holy guacamole! These are so absolutely satisfying and utterly delicious! I used veggies on hand-mixed greens, red onion and chopped a couple of broccoli florets into tiny pieces. Sooo good!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed them! One of my fav quick dinners!