This pear and almond butter smoothie is perfect for fall! A great way to use local pears that are going ripe, it is the perfect balance of sweet, creamy, a little tang from the lemon and a bit nutty from the almond butter. I add ginger on occasion for an extra kick! Pears are also great to freeze and add to other smoothies to make them creamier (especially if you do not like bananas)!
I have a green smoothie every morning! My favourite way to start the day with fruits, vegetables and healthy fats! This has been a combo on rotation, but feel free to make it your own! Use this Green Smoothie Guide to come up with your own combos!
Blender Recommendations: I love my Vitamix! Although it is expensive, it has lasted over 4 years with 2-3 uses per day! I also have lots of luck with the Nutri-Ninja, a lower cost option which does the trick!
- 1 frozen banana
- Big handful spinach
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Big squeeze of lemon and a little bit of zest!
- Ginger chunk (optional)
- 1 Tbsp each: Chia, hemp and flax (Optional)
- Water or unsweetened plant-based milk to blend
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- For lemon - just chop a small thin piece of peel instead of getting out a zester
- Ginger- this changes the flavor profile slightly, add if you like a spicy kick to your smoothies.