A creamy, flavourful and hearty vegan soba noodle bowl! Another versatile meal packed with nutrients that’s not a salad!
Soba noodles are Japanese style noodles made from buckwheat. They can usually be found at the grocery store in the International Aisle. Usually the only ingredient in these noodles is buckwheat flour, meaning they are super healthy! Now, you can find many different variations made with rice, sweet potato and other grains – all equally delicious. Soba Noodles are packed with nutrients and also make a great alternative to regular pasta. They can be served hot or as a cold noodle salad.
Show me your bowl!
If you make this at home, I’d love to know how it goes. Leave a comment, send me a DM or tag @PlentyFullVegan on Instagram.
Soba Noodle Stir-Fry:
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter*
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Tamari (sub Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos)
- ¼ lime wedge
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated, or ¼-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Chilli Flakes, to taste
- Water or coconut milk - to thin
- ½ Package Soba Noodles (Sub rice noodles or zucchini noodles)
- ½ an onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ package of Extra Firm Tofu, pressed
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 4-5 mushrooms
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ⅓ cabbage (purple or green) - optional
- 2 Stalks of Kale, or bok choi
- Sesame seeds
- Peanuts (crushed)
- Lime to garnish
- Optional: edamame
- Boil water. When the water is boiled add your soba noodles. These cook much faster than regular pasta (about 10 minutes).
- While the water is boiling, thinly slice your vegetables and add them to a pan with a small amount of water, sesame oil or neutral oil. They are ordered from longest to cook to shortest, including tofu. Add them to the pan in this order while you cut the others!
- To make the peanut sauce add all the ingredients to a small saucepan or microwavable bowl. Heat the sauce and stir. Add water or coconut milk as needed to make a thin but creamy sauce. I usually add 1-2 Tbsp.
- Drain your noodles. If they are sticking together run them under hot water or add a bit of sesame oil and toss with your hands.
- Add the noodles to the pan with vegetables and sauce. Fry for 1-2 minutes until all coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, fresh lime and cilantro or thai basil.
**Feel free to sub in and out veggies as you please.
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
So happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing 🙂