Peanut butter and jelly is the ultimate combo, and a classic that never gets old. When I am too lazy to make dessert, one of my favourite things to do is just put straight pb&j on a spoon and eat it. This is why I was inspired to make an actual dessert that tastes just like a peanut butter and jam sammy – behold these vegan peanut butter thumbprint cookies with raspberry chia jam.
The name sounds fancy but these are extremely simple and quick to make. Peanut butter cookies are made with 5 simple ingredients. The jam cooks while the cookies are in the oven! There is also an option to omit the jam overall and just enjoy regular peanut butter cookies!
Raspberry Chia Jam:
I like to make a double batch of this and store extras in the fridge for chia puddings and toast!
Remember to follow @PlentyFullVegan on Instagram for daily inspo and food pics! I love to see the recipes you make, always tag or send a dm. I am always here to answer questions and talk about FOOD and vegan life! ❤
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- ¾ Cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chia Jam
- 1½ Cup frozen raspberries (or any frozen berries)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- t tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add oats to a blender and blend
- Mix together peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup to form a creamy paste. If your peanut butter is too hard to mix, you can soften it slightly in the microwave (but do not melt)! Add flour and baking soda and mix until a dough forms.
- OPTION #1: spoon 12 balls onto a lined baking tray. Wet a fork with cold water and press dough down to create traditional peanut butter cookies.
- OPTION #2: To make thumbprints, spoon on to a baking tray with parchment paper. Use your thumb to push a slight divot into each cookie.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are in the oven add all of the jam ingredients to a small pot and melt. Stir frequently to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. The chia seeds will soak up the juices of the berries (similar to making a chia egg or chia pudding) to create a 'jelly-like' consistency similar to jam.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes. Spoon about 1 tbsp of jam into the centre of each cookie. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply