A go-to nourishing summer meal – prep the ingredients ahead for a quick dinner or make-ahead lunch! This version of the vegan Mediterranean bowl was made with herbed potatoes, roasted veggies, zataar chickpeas, hummus, pickled onion, tahini dressing & tofu feta.
For this bowl I used roast asparagus and roasted red pepper, but feel free to sub-in any seasonal vegetables! Roasted zucchini, eggplant or cauliflower would be great. Or try adding some raw tomato or cucumber. Farro would be great in this bowl as well.
For this recipe – prep:
- 14 oz Can Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp each: thyme, sumac, sesame seeds, coriander
- 4-6 mini yellow potatoes
- pink salt
- Seasonal vegetables of your choice (here I have red pepper and asparagus)*
- Hummus (homemade or store bought)**
- Pickled Onions (sub roasted red onions)
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Water to thin
- For easy prep the night before: prep pickled onions, tofu feta, hummus (if making)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Chop potatoes and toss with salt, pepper and oregano, bake on parchment paper or a baking mat for about 40 minutes. TIP: if you are baking without oil, try baking them the night before and leaving the tray in the oven with the oven off. This will crisp them up!
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil and zataar seasoning. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Chop and bake your vegetables - this will take different amounts of time depending on your vegetables!
- To make the dressing, mix the tahini with lemon and add water as needed to thin.
- Assemble the bowl start with potato, roasted vegetables, chickpeas, hummus, pickled onions. Drain tofu feta and add to the bowl.
** See post for my recipe
Hummus (How I make it) – But there are tons of other recipes online!
1 14 oz can of chickpeas
5 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp cumin