Lentils and pizza are probably two words you haven’t heard in the same sentence before….but behold a vegan lentil crust pizza! One might think this would be a complicated recipe however the crust can be made with just 3 simple ingredients: red lentils, water and olive oil.
This means the crust is packed with 12g of protein (#vegains), and can be topped however you please, one of my personal favourites is shown below.
This pizza is made with the pesto and cashew ricotta cheese from the blog. Feel free to add any of your favourite pizza toppings, eggplant, broccoli, tofu and vegan parmesean also taste great! The cook time below does assumes you already have the pesto and cashew cheese on hand.
If you try this recipe I’d love to see your favourite pizza combination for inspiration! Leave a comment or send me a photo or tag it on Instagram @PlentyFullVegan.
- ½ Cup Red Lentils
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Caramelized Onions
- Cashew Ricotta (Optional)
- Garnish with: Fresh Basil, Red Pepper Flakes, Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add crust ingredients to a blender and blend until a creamy liquid forms.
- Grease a pan with oil or use parchment paper. This can be a circular or square pan depending on the shape you want your pizza. (It's very important to grease the pan, the crust mixture can get very sticky or crumbly)!
- Pour lentil mixture on to the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop and sauté the vegetables, this will make it faster to bake the pizza.
- When the crust is finished baking peel the crust off the pan to ensure it does not stick. It is much easier to do this now then when your pizza is loaded with toppings.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the pesto, add chopped veggies and finish with cashew ricotta.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until warm and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh basil, enjoy!
(Here is an image perfect for your Pinterest grid😉)
Leave a Reply