This grilled portobello mushroom recipe is on summer repeat for me! This simple marinade works on tofu or any vegetable skewers really. Makes a great vegetarian/vegan option at a BBQ and some of my favourite summer salads to serve it with are below!
These mushrooms are always a hit from vegans and non-vegans alike! Has been a go-to recipe for years, inspired by a simple flank steak marinade.
Try serving these portobello mushrooms with these summer salads:
Grilled Corn & Peach Salad, Watermelon Arugula Salad with Tofu Feta, Lemon Dill Potato Salad, Vegan Caesar Salad
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Made with a simple marinade and a few minutes on the BBQ, these grilled portobello mushrooms are the perfect addition to a summer dinner and a great vegetarian substitute for meat!
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 " knob of ginger (grated)*
- Add all marinade ingredients to a container. Wash the mushrooms and place in the marinade for at least 15 minutes, but longer is better! Try making the night before, or a few hours before your work day ends!
- TO BBQ: Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill mushrooms for 4-5 minutes on each side. Spoon extra marinade on when you flip.
- TO BAKE Preheat oven to 400 F. Add to a baking dish with additional marinade at the bottom and bake for 15-20 minutes.
* sub ¼ tsp ground ginger
Leave a Reply