This grilled corn and peach salad came together simply by being inspired by the market seasonal produce. I call it August salad.
Serve with: Watermelon Arugula Salad with Tofu Feta, BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches, Lemon & Dill Potato Salad
Other Summer Recipes: Vegan Frappuccino, S’mores Cookies, Mango Fresh Rolls
Cheese – Recipe or brand options:
This Vegan Tofu Feta is my favourite simple recipe, which I put on everything! Alternatively, if you do not have a blender (or want to blend), this is a great also delicious option. Or Vio Life Feta is a very goof store-bought option available at many grocery stores!!
Favourite local Store-Bought Cheeses in the spirit of keeping things with local seasonal produce!
Ontario Based – Stokes, Nuts for Cheese, and Culcherd.
BC Based – Pulse Kitchen, Spread ‘Em, Blue Heron
- 4 Cobs of corn
- 6 Peaches
- 1 Bulb of fennel
- 6 large handfuls of arugula, lettuce or mixed greens (about 1 full box or whatever you can get locally)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for grilling)*
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- To serve: fresh basil, tofu feta (recipe below)
- For this recipe, it is best if you make the tofu feta in advance. Make the night before or a few hours. First, pre-heat your BBQ.
- Husk your corn, cut peaches into halves, and remove the pits. Cut fennel lengthwise to form long flat pieces.
- Brush corn, fennel, and peaches in olive oil or avocado oil and salt and pepper, or just use your hands to rub oil on the vegetables.
- Grill the vegetables, turn the fennel and peaches after ~5 minutes, and the corn every 6-7.
- Toss greens and arugula with lemon and olive oil and add grilled vegetables, basil, and tofu feta.
Leave a Reply