This vegan green goddess bowl is perfect for meal prep! I like to make all the components in advance and keep them in the fridge for work from home lunches. I find the chickpeas get the crunchiest when cooked from scratch. It is also a lot cheaper this way! I cook a big bunch then freeze them! Of course, this is not always possible, and canned will do as well!
Other great recipes for meal prep: Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Farro bowl with queso and coconut bacon, Winter Harvest Bowl with Dukkha
Follow along on Instagram for more inspiration! @plentyfullvegan Make sure to send me a DM if you make it!
Prep – Tofu Feta: Blend 1/2 block extra firm tofu*, 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil*, 3/4 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon, optional – 1/2 tsp oregeno
- It is essential you use Extra Firm tofu for the feta to get the crumbly texture
- It is essential you use refined coconut oil over any oil because it is the only oil that solidifies when re-refrigerated giving it the crumbly texture! Refined means it will not have the coconut-y taste that virgin coconut oil has.
Vegan Green Goddess Bowl
- In Advance prep: 1 batch tofu feta
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas (1.5 cups if cooking from fresh)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning (or some oregano, thyme, and basil)
- 1 beet
- 1 large carrot
- 1-2 avocados
- 2 mini cucumbers
- Greens of choice
- ½ cup Hemp Seeds
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 bunch herbs of choice - cilantro, basil, or dill (or a mix work well)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- First, make tofu feta by blending all ingredients.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas lay on a baking sheet. Dry your chickpeas with a clean tea towel or paper towel. Toss with olive oil and seasoning and bake for 30 -35 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes to get crunchy.
- While the chickpeas are baking, peel beets and carrots. Use a grater to grate. These are great to keep in the fridge for meal prep.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend. store leftovers in the fridge.
- Assemble the bowl: add greens and quinoa to a bowl with a little bit of dressing. Add your chickpeas, carrots, beets, and tofu feta with more dressing.
- I also like to add olives to this - I know this is not everyone's favorite! So feel free to omit.