This crispy tofu is delicious enough to convert tofu skeptics and this umami tahini dressing is drinkable! Toss it on any vegetable for a flavorful meal. This vegan crispy tofu buddha bowl comes together in under 20 minuets and makes the perfect meal prep for healthy lunches.
To Make Ahead:
Prep all vegetables and keep them in the fridge. This is also a great way to mix up your salads, eat these same vegetables with Vegan Peanut Dressing, for lunch variety!
Prep sauce and tofu and store separately. Tofu is best hot and crispy, if you can prep the others and make the tofu fresh, that is best!
More Make-Ahead Meal-Prep Recipes:
Follow on Instagram for more recipes – @plentyfullvegan
Vegan Crispy Tofu Buddha Bowl
- CRISPY TOFU:
- ½ Block Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Olive Oil to fry
- UMAMI TAHINI DRESSING:
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 fresh clove of garlic (minced) - sub ¼-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-5 Tbsp water or olive oil
- SALAD: Sub with what you have
- Carrots (Shredded or spiralized)
- Beets (Shredded)
- Green Onion
- Press tofu, while you make the marinade and coating.
- In one bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, and tamari.
- In another bowl, mix together nutritional yeast, cornstarch and garlic powder.
- Add the tofu to the vinegar and tamari marinade while you chop all your vegetables and make your dressing.
- To make the dressing, simply mix all ingredients together, add water or olive oil to thin as needed.
- Finally, cook your tofu. Heat about 1 Tbsp of oil in a frypan, coat each piece in the corn starch mixture, or add all tofu to the dry mixture and toss. Fry tofu evenly on each side until brown and crispy. Do not toss the tofu around with a spatula, simply let it sit for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the bowl and top with herbs and sesame or hemp seeds to garnish!