One of my favourite warming winter meals, that’s great to make in a big batch and freeze! Versatile, non-vegan approved and incredibly easy!
This curry can be made with any number of vegetables, these are my favourite and I have put some easy substitutes to switch it up! If you do not like beans, sub tofu for the chickpeas.
If you make this recipe I’d love to see how it turns out! Send a DM or tag @Plentyfullvegan on Instagram!
- ½ white or yellow onion
- ½ inch fresh ginger (sub ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 small-medium sweet potato (sub 3 carrots)
- ½ large eggplant (sub zucchini)
- ½ head cauliflower (sub broccoli)
- ½ cup snap peas (sub bell pepper)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper (depending on spice preference)
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas (sub 1 block extra firm tofu)
- ½ cup strained tomatoes (
chopped tomatoes) sub equal
- ½ water (sub vegetable broth)
- To garnish: Spinach, Fresh cilantro, Crushed cashews
- Start by adding a little bit of water to your pot, chopping and heating onions, sweet potato and ginger until the sweet potato is '
' with a fork and the onions are translucent. (If you are using carrots they will not take as long and you can add them with the rest of the vegetables. stabable
- Chop cauliflower, eggplant, and snap peas and add them to the pot. Let them cook
about 10 minutes. Stir in the spices until the veggies are coated. of
- Next add the coconut milk, water, chickpeas and tomatoes. Let it simmer for at least 20-25 minutes until all the veggies are soft and your kitchen smells amazing!
the end, stir in fresh or frozen spinach and serve with cilantro and chopped cashews. At