A fall favourite. Great for making ahead and meal prepping.
Looking for more fall recipes? Try:
Follow along on Instagram for daily vegan recipes & Inspiration @PlentyfullVegan
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Divided)*
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Pears
- 4-6 Sage Leaves
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ cup Red Lentils
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings (optional): Red pepper flakes, extra coconut milk to drizzle, pumpkin seeds, roasted chickpeas, sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- First, chop the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Brush the squash with olive oil and roast with the skin on for about 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry chopped onion and pear in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sage leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Next, add the spices, stir to coat.
- Add the vegetable broth, and lentils. Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes until lentils are soft.
- Next, scoop cooked squash into the pot and mix.
- Add to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Add back to a pot and stir in coconut milk to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with desired toppings.