Packed with protein and flavour! This bbq tempeh wrap is packed with protein and simple to make ahead and re-heat for lunch. I like to make the bbq tempeh in advance and then assemble the wrap with vegan cheese, avocado and lettuce the day of. Perfect for working from home!
My favourite cheese brands:
- 1 block of crumbled tempeh
- ½ white onion
- 1½ cup strained tomatoes
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- Whole wheat wraps
- Cashew Cream or vegan cheese (recommendations above)
- Lettuce or sprouts
- Mustard / pickles (optional)
- Start by making the bbq tempeh, chop and cook the onion in a dash of olive oil until translucent. Then crumble in the tempeh and stir. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Assemble wrap with tempeh, vegan cheese, lettuce and avocado.
- Store tempeh separately in the fridge and assemble wraps day of, so they don't get soggy.
Looking for more lunch recipes? Try: Chickpea Salad Sandwiches, Vegan Cesar Salad, Sun-dried tomato pasta, Sweet Potato Farro Buddha Bowl