This simple vegan baked gnocchi comes together in about 40 minutes! Use the bechamel recipe on other dishes like a lasagna!
If you would like to get fancy, infuse your milk before with 1/2 and onion some garlic, and a bay leaf by heating in a pot. Then use that milk to pour in your bechamel.
Blend 1/2 cup nuts, 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp each garlic + onion powder
Almonds, cashews, or pumpkin seeds all work well!
Follow more vegan adventures @plentufullvegan
Vegan Baked Gnocchi:
- ½ Onion
- 6-8 Mushrooms
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ½ Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- Spinach (to serve)
- Vegan Parmesan (to serve, recipe above)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 tbsp flour*
- 1¾ - 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Optional: a pinch of nutmeg
- First, make the gnocchi. Preheat the over to 400, add all chopped vegetables and gnocchi to a pan, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While it's baking, make the bechamel. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the flour slowly and whisk until combined. Slowly add the milk, about ½ cup at a time, and whisk until there are no clumps. Once you have added all the milk stir in the spices and nutritional yeast.
- Pour marinara over top of gnocchi and bechamel over top, and bake again for about 15 minutes. Broil at the end to get browning. Enjoy with vegan parmesan!