Combining my two favourite desserts (chocolate chip cookies and s’mores) to make the ultimate vegan s’mores cookies! These are super simple, require 1-bowl, and have no fancy ingredients (other than vegan marshmallows). I love Dandie’s Brand marshmallows, you can find them at many grocery stores, bulk stores, health food stores or online!
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (or light olive oil works as well)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour (Gluten-Free or Spelt work well, or try all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup - ¾ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup mini vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies brand)
- Big pinch of sea salt + more flakey sea salt for topping
- First, melt coconut oil mix with vanilla, sugar, and plant-based milk.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and marshmallows (feel free to play around with ratios if you want more chocolate/ marshmallows).
- Freeze the dough for 30 minutes, or refrigerate from 12 - 24 hours.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
*This recipe was adapted from the Ovenly Secretly Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I made some healthy swaps by using whole grain flour, less refined oil and reduced sugar as well as unrefined sugar…. and then added mini marshmallows because, well, balance. And if you’re going to have a junky cookie – it might as well be a s’mores cookie!