Simple and creamy vegan rose sauce on your favourite pasta – perfect easy weeknight dinner.
Vegan Rose Pasta
Simple rose pasta with homemade vegan tomato sauce, and simple cashew cream. Serve with mushrooms, spinach and vegan parmesan.
- ½ white onion
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 8-10 mushrooms
- 1 jar strained tomatoes (passata)
- 2 Cups of spinach
- ~6 fresh basil leaves
- Cashew Cream:
- 1½ cup of cashews
- ¾ cup of water (more to blend as needed)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 portions pasta of choice (try brown rice spaghetti)
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to package instructions
- Next, heat a pan and fry onion and garlic until translucent (about 5 mins). Next add mushrooms and fry until soft (about 3 mins)
- Add in a jar of passata and fresh basil. Let it simmer while you make the cashew cream.
- To make the cashew cream, add cashews, water lemon and vinegar to a blender and blend until smooth. Add small amounts of extra water as needed to blend. (I find this works best in small blenders such as a nutribullet)
- Stir in 1-2 tbsp of the cashew cream to the sauce until it is your desired creaminess!
- Save the extra cashew cream for tons of vegan recipes (see suggestions above).
- Lastly, stir in spinach until wilted
- Serve with: Vegan Parmesan (recipe above), fresh basil and hot sauce (I also like to add some olives sometimes)!
Be sure to follow @plentyfullvegan on Instagram for more daily inspiration!