These vegan nachos are one of my go-to summer dinners for when I have people over! Delicious customizable and totally “vegan-proof”.
I love having this as a dinner party because it’s super easy to have people bring stuff like guac ingredients, salsa or veggies to put on top! Then all you have to do is make the staples.
Try them with:
- Roast Potatoes instead of chips
- BBQ Jackfruit instead of black beans
- Store bought salsa or salsa verde instead of pico de gallo
- Any of your other favourite nacho toppings! Olives? Hot peppers?
My favourite tortillas to use are Ezekiel Sprouted Corn Tortillas – made with just corn, lime and sea salt! Whole Foods also has a version of these (and I’m sure many others). Look for them in the freezer section of a health food store or the ‘healthy’ aisle of your grocery store!
- 1 Cup White or Yellow Potato
- ¼ Cup Carrots
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 3-4 Pickled Jalapenos
- 2-3 Tbsp Brine (from pickled jalapenos)
- ¼ cup starchy water from boiled vegetables + water as needed to blend
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Cashew Cream
- 1½ Cup Cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice (About ½ a lemon)
- 1 Cup cherry tomato
- ½ white onion
- ½ - 1 Jalapeno (depending on spicy you like it)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pack pure corn tortillas
- Shredded romaine
- CHIPS: Cut corn tortillas into triangles and bake at 350 until crispy - about 10 - 15 minutes
- QUESO: Boil potatoes and carrots until fork tender (about 25 minutes). Blend with remaining ingredients until smooth. Heat in a pot until thickened. (This happens because of the arrow root starch)
- SPICY BEANS: Fry onions until translucent. Add in the veggies, beans and spices and fry until soft. Keep them warm in the pan until everything is ready.
- CASHEW CREAM: Blend until creamy!
- PICO - Chop tomatoes and onion finely and garnish with lime and cilantro.
- ASSEMBLE: Layer chips with queso, beans, pico, cashew cream, avo and extra cilantro
Looking for more recipes?! Try: Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl, Sweet Potato Portobello Tacos,