This vegan Caesar salad is one of my new favourite go-to’s to make on the weekend or for a dinner party! Perfect with cauliflower wings, pizza or veggie burgers or just as a lunch! The extra parmesan and tempeh bacon are great salad toppers the next day as well!
Vegan Ceasar Salad:
- ½ Cup Cashews - sub soaked sunflower seeds for nut-free!
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Clove of garlic (add more if you like super garlic)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard (optional)
- Tempeh Bacon (sub-pre-bought smokey tempeh)*
- ½ Pack of Tempeh
- 2 Tbsp Tamari (sub soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp liquid smoke*
- ½ Cup Cashews (sub any nut or seed, or almond flour to skip blending)
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 4-6 Servings of romaine and kale
- First make the bacon by crumbling the tempeh with your hands into a pan on medium heat. Mix the marinade ingredients and fry until crispy and fragrant. Mix with a spatula as needed.
- (This can be done in any order but I think this is the most efficient and easiest to hardest blender cleaning)!
- While the bacon is cooking make parmesan by combining all the ingredients in a blender and blending until powdery. IMPORTANT - do not soak these cashews before blending!
- Make the dressing by blending all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy!
- Assemble by adding the chopped greens to the bowl and mixing with the dressing. Garnish with bacon and parmesan! Serve with extra lemon.
* If you do not like tempeh, use same marinade ingredients on 1 cup of coconut chips / coconut smiles, bake at 350 for 15 minutes