This has been my favourite and go to baked-good recipe for a while! I have been experimenting with it and finally think I have come to the perfect vegan banana bread.
Why I love this Banana Bread:
Healthy – almost the same ingredients as eating oatmeal!
Easy – one bowl, no fancy equipment
Versatile – I love to eat these on weekends with my smoothie for breakfast, bring them as an afternoon snack, to a brunch, bake sale or to-go breakfast!
If you make this recipe, I would love to see how it turns out! Send a message or tag @Plentyfullvegan on Instagram!
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Tbsp Flax + 5 Tbsp Water
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Plant milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Melted Coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1¼ Cup Oats (ground into oat flour) + More for topping
- ½ Cup Almond flour (or more oat flour works as well)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon + More for topping
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Mix flax and water, and let it sit in the fridge while you mix the rest of your wet ingredients.
- Use a fork to mash your ripe bananas in a large bowl (the riper the better)! Add the plant milk, vinegar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla (if using).
- When the flax egg has set it will have the consistency of gel (or an egg white). Add this to the bowl.
- Make oat flour by adding your oats to a blender and blending until a flour consistency is formed. Add this along with the cinnamon and baking soda until mixed.
- Stir in your chocolate chunks (recommended) and walnuts if using.
- Add to a lined muffin tin and top with extra oats, walnuts and cinnamon. I also used dried banana chips! If you do not have a muffin tin, I used small mason jars which I greased with coconut oil!
- Bake for 50-55 min.
**Some glass can expand in the oven and explode, I am lucky mine did not. Before you try my sketchy experiment, check which kind of glass it is made out of.
More Breakfast Ideas?
Try 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes. Breakfast to go? Try Chia Pudding 3-Ways or Matcha Overnight Oats. Sweet Afternoon Treat? Try Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake.
Leave a Reply