One last summer salad, which also makes a great make-ahead lunch. This kale slaw with Thai-inspired creamy peanut dressing is perfect for back-to-school/work season. Made with shredded vegetables, tofu and topped with avocado, cashews or peanuts and fresh herbs. The dressing is easy to make ahead and pop in a jar for lunch!
This recipe came about from having extra ingredients from making mango fresh rolls, turns out the ingredients make a great salad. After a busy summer, I have been packing lots of lunches and dinners to go. I feel so much better after having homemade food and it is a great way to save money!
If you like these try: Mango Fresh Rolls, Soba Noodle Bowl or Tofu Poke Bowl.
If you make this recipe I would love to know how it turns out! Make sure to follow @Plentyfullvegan on Instagram.
- ½ Block Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil to fry
- 4-6 Stalks Kale
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- ½ Cucumber or Zuccini
- ½ Sweet Pepper
- 1 Small Mango (Optional)
- ½ Cup Edamame
- A handful of chopped cilantro, green onion and basil (Thai basil if you can find it)
- ¼ Cup of cashews or peanuts
- 1 Avocado
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter or Almond Butter*
- ¼ Lime
- 1.5 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Tamari
- Dash of sesame oil (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp water to thin
- Dash of sriracha (optional)
- Squeeze out any excess water from the tofu and cut it into cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry for about 5 minutes on each side top with a pinch of salt. Let the tofu sit, and flip the cubes individually, do not scramble them around, so they get evenly crispy.
- Chop all salad ingredients into fine shreds. I used a spiralizer for the carrot. Feel free to also use a julienne peeler.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add water to thin it out to the desired consistency.
- Combine and garnish with chopped cashews, avocado and sesame seeds.
* Bulk up this salad by adding some rice noodles, soba noodles or kelp noodles
Leave a Reply