One of my favourite fall dishes. It was created because these are simply all my favourite foods in one salad.
This sweet potato pomegranate is a great crowd pleasing side dish to bring to a party, loved by all vegans and non-vegans. Further, it makes a great left over lunch.
Add protein such as chickpeas, lentils or frozen edamame to make this a colourful and nourish power bowl. I also have added sprouts and additional veggies such as cucumber and sweet pepper.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to see it! Comment your thoughts, or tag @Plentyfullvegan and #Plentyfullvegan on Instagram.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 Handfuls of arugula
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (Optional)
- Garnish with: Pepitas, sesame seeds, black pepper, fresh cilantro
- Preheat over to 400 F.
- Chop sweet potato into cubes, mix with cinnamon. Bake on a pan lined with parchment paper for 40-45 minutes.
- While the sweet potato bakes, boil water for the quinoa. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- To peel pomegranate cut into quarters. Fill a bowl with water and take out the seeds while the fruit is immersed. Then strain out the water with a mesh strainer. This makes it a lot easier with less mess!
- Once every thing is cooked mix the arugula and quinoa with lemon and olive oil. Add the sweet potato, pomegranate, sliced avocado. Garnish with seeds, cilantro and black pepper!