This vegan sushi bowl is one of the easiest meals you can make! All the best flavours of sushi, without all the prep (and rolling)! If you make the rice in advance, it makes great meal prep. Also options to sub brown rice or quinoa for more nutrition density!
Be sure to follow @plentyfullvegan on Instagram for more inspiration!
- 1 cup white sushi rice (sub short grain brown rice, short-grain black rice or quinoa)*
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- Large carrot (julienned or spiralized)
- 1 avocado
- Cucumber, chopped
- To garnish: Nori, pickled ginger, sesame seeds
- Cook rice by boiling 2 cups of water. When boiled, add rice and reduce to a simmer. Cook covered (about 30 minutes). If you want this to be cold - cook the night before!
- While the rice is cooking, chop cucumbers, avocado, and carrots (use a julienne or spiralizer if desired). Defrost edamame (I did it in the microwave)
- When rice is cooked, stir in rice vinegar and maple syrup. You could also add some sesame oil for more flavor. Top with vegetables and garnish with nori, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds!