The first savoury breakfast on the blog! If you know me or have read the blog you will know that I have a big sweet tooth, especially for breakfast. Even before I was vegan I was never much of an egg person. However I do love tofu scramble for brunch, second breakfast (especially when hungover), or as an easy breakfast for dinner.
On a really fancy day I love to serve this tofu scramble with all the fixings! My favourite is roast potatoes with smoked paprika and grilled onions, charred cherry tomatoes, roast sweet potato and avocado toast. However those recipes might be for a separate post.
I love this recipe because it is adaptable to whatever vegetables you have in your fridge and is a great go to when you don’t feel like cooking!
Remember to follow @PlentyfullVegan on Instagram, for daily plant-based inspiration! I love to see the recipes you make!
- Optional: jalapeno pepper, white onion
- Splash of water or vegetable broth*
- 8-10 cherry tomatos
- ⅓ of a Zucchini
- 4 white or cremini mushrooms
- ½ sweet bell pepper
- ½ block extra-firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp tumeric
- Avocado & Fresh Cilantro to garnish
- Serve with: baked sweet potato, potatoes or hash browns, toast, fresh arugula
- If you are using add chopped jalapeno or onion to the pan. Continue to chop and add the rest of the vegetables to the pan. They are ordered in what takes longest to shortest to cook, so you can chop as you go.
- I like to let the vegetables stick to the pan a bit and then deglaze it with vegetable broth. This adds flavour to the veggies and is a great alternative to frying them in oil.
- Next, use your hands to crumble the tofu into the frying pan. Add the nutritional yeast and turmeric.
- Scramble with a spatula. Once cooked through top with avocado, cilantro or any other fresh herbs.
- Serve with toast, roast potatoes/sweet potatoes or any of your other breakfast favourites!
Save this recipe for later by pinning the image below: