I love to make a big batch of these quick-pickled vegetables to spice up any recipe, bowl or salad! By always having fun garnishes on hand it can really turn meals from good – great! I have listed serving suggestions below. The best thing is it only takes ~15 minutes!
Quick Pickled Vegetable Flavours:
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Tsp Mustard seeds
- ~8 sprigs of dill (per jar)
- Try: where ever you would use a pickle! I add them to salads, wraps and falafels
- ~2 turnips
- 1 beet (this is what makes them pink)!
- 1-2 Bay leaves/jar
- Try on: Mediterranean Bowl, homemade falafels (I have made this recipe it is good)!
- Recipe can be used as is or sub half the white vinegar with Apple Cider vinegar (inspired by Cookie and Kate)
- If you follow me on IG you know I put them on everything! Try: Sweet Potato Portobello Tacos, Loaded Vegan Nachos, Ceasar Salad
- I use recipe as is!
- Optional: 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Try in: Burrito Bowl, Sweet Potato White Bean Chili
Quick Pickled Vegetables
Serves: 2 Jars
- Brine for all vegetables - See above post for how to customize for each vegetable:
- 1 Cup of White Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil until salt and syrup is dissolved.
- Chop vegetables into matchsticks and add to clean jars with any additional ingredients. See post above for vegetable specific ingredients!
- Pour pickling liquid into jar to cover all the vegetables and seal with lid.
- Store for 1 - 5 days before refrigerating (each vegetable will take a different amount of time).
Leave a Reply