It’s October which means it’s officially pumpkin spice (#PSL) season! It has been such a warm fall I have been holding off on fall recipes as I was still craving fresh fruit, smoothies and salads. Now that it is officially cold and gross out all I can think about is squash, creamy pasta and of course, pumpkin spice granola!
Over the past month I have made two batches of this and it has been devoured. It has been my go-to midnight snack, breakfast and smoothie bowl topping! It has also made a nice topping for many different chia puddings.
I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie because of the texture. This granola perfectly captures the pumpkin pie flavour but in a cereal (AKA dessert for breakfast).
I used puffed quinoa in the recipe for extra texture, and I found it made the granola ‘clump’ nicely. However, I have also made it using just oats and it worked out well.
If you try this recipe I would love to know how it turned out! Leave a comment or tag @PlentyFullVegan on Instagram.
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Puffed Quinoa (or 1 extra cup of oats)
- 1 Cup Chopped or Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients including spices.
- In a small pot or microwave melt pumpkin puree, maple syrup and coconut oil. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour onto a baking sheet. You should see visible clumps.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes stirring half-way through.
- Serve with plant milk, plant yogurt, on smoothie bowls or chia pudding!