One of my favourite afternoon fall treats! These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are inspired by the ones at Bunner’s, they have a slight gingerbread-y flavour.
Follow along on Instagram @plentyfullvegan!
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ¾ Cup Plant-Based Milk + 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar**
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Blackstrap molasses
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil (Or other Neutral Oil)
- 1¾ Cups Flour (Gluten-Free, Whole Wheat/Spelt or Oat)*
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon + 1 Tbsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- First, mix apple cider vinegar with plant-based milk and let it sit aside to form a 'buttermilk' while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are mixed, and the milk has started to curdle, combine it with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and mix, be careful not to over mix!
- Stir in the chocolate chips. I like to sav ~1/4 to press into the top of the muffin to make them look prettier!
- Lastly, grease your muffin tin or add liners, and scoop in the batter. Usually, I like to fill them close to the top so they explode out and create good tops (although I know this is not the proper way to make muffins)
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean!
* Oat flour produced a slightly grainier muffin
**Sub some vegan yoghurt for the buttermilk