These pesto zoodles are less of a recipe and more dinner inspiration. Even though it’s a very simple recipe, it is my go to at least once a week, adaptable to whatever’s in your fridge and a great excuse to make my easy creamy vegan pesto!
This is also the meal I resort to when I have to cook for my friends and family because I know that everyone will like it. PLUS its super healthy! Feel free to swap in and out veggies as you please, I often add eggplant, sweet pepper, squash or sweet potato and fresh greens (arugula is great).
If you’ve never heard of zoodles before they are exactly what they sound like; noodles made out of zucchini. I find it easiest to make them with a Spiralizer. These can be found at any kitchen store for as cheap as $10, or ordered online (the one I just linked is $3.68). I also use mine to spiralize carrots and cucumbers on salad!
If you make this, I’d love to see your #zoodle creations. Leave a comment or tag @Plentyfullvegan on Instagram.
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 Zucchini
- ½ Cup Frozen Broccoli (approx. 1 handful)
- ¼ Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 White Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Frozen Edamame
- Garnish: Fresh basil (or other herbs), Nutritional Yeast, Hemp or Crushed Cashews
- Heat water or high heat oil in a medium sized skillet, add the frozen broccoli.
- While the broccoli is thawing chop the tomatoes and mushrooms and add them to the pan.
- Next spiralize the zucchini using a spiralizer. If you do not own one of these, make noodles with a vegetable peeler or slice thinly with a mandolin.
- Wrap the zucchini noodles in paper towel and press out the moisture. You might have to do this a couple times. This is very important, otherwise the zoodles will become soggy and leave a pool of water at the bottom of your bowl.
- Add zoodles to the pan with the pesto and edemame and mix.
- Let the mixture cook for 1-2 minuets.
- Voila, dinner in 10 minuets! Garnish with basil (or any fresh herbs you like), nutritional yeast and seeds.
If you are just in a distracted internet spiral and not planning on cooking just yet, save this recipe for later by pinning the image below!