Peanut butter and jelly is the ultimate combo, and a classic that never gets old. When I am too lazy to make dessert, one of my favourite things to do is just put straight pb&j on a spoon and eat it. Which is why I was inspired to make an actual dessert that tastes just like a peanut butter and jam sammy – behold these vegan peanut butter thumbprints with raspberry chia jam.
The name sounds fancy but these are extremely simple and quick to make. Peanut butter cookies are made with 5 simple ingredients. The jam cooks while the cookies are in the oven! There is also an option to omit the jam overall and just enjoy regular peanut butter cookies!
If almond flour and coconut flour are foreign to you, they are exactly what they sound like, ground almonds and coconut into a flour. They can be found at any bulk or health food store and many grocery stores. You can also make them at home in a food processor by simply grinding an equal amount of almonds and coconut. I find the easiest and cheapest option is buying in bulk!
Raspberry Chia Jam:
I like to make a double batch of this and store extras in the fridge for chia puddings and toast!
Remember to follow @PlentyfullVegan on Instagram for daily inspo and food pics! I love to see the recipes you make, always tag or send a dm. I am always here to answer questions and talk about FOOD and vegan life! ❤
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ Cup almond flour
- ½ Cup coconut flour
- Chia Jam
- 1½ Cup frozen raspberries (or any frozen berries)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- t tbsp chia seeds
- First make the flax egg by mixing ground flax and water and letting it sit for at least 5 minuets.
- Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup to form a creamy paste. If your peanut butter is too hard to mix, you can soften it slightly in the microwave (but do not melt)! Add the flours and flax egg when it's ready.
- OPTION: spoon each cookie on to a lined baking tray and push down with a fork to eat as peanut butter cookies.
- To make thumbprints, spoon on to a baking tray with parchment paper. Use your thumb to push a slight divot into each cookie.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minuets.
- While the cookies are in the oven add all of the jam ingredients to a small pot and melt. Stir frequently to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. The chia seeds will soak up the juices of the berries (similar to making a chia egg or chia pudding) to create a 'jelly-like' consistency similar to jam.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minuets. Spoon about 1 tbsp of jam into the centre of each cookie. Enjoy!
If you love peanut butter try these vegan peanut butter balls (seriously life changing)!