A go-to nourishing meal – prep the ingredients ahead for a quick dinner or make-ahead lunch! This version of the vegan Mediterranean bowl was made with herbed potatoes, roasted veggies, crunchy chickpeas, hummus, pickled onion, tahini dressing & tofu feta.
For this bowl I used roast asparagus and roasted red pepper, but feel free to sub-in any seasonal vegetables! Roasted zucchini, eggplant or cauliflower would be great. Or try adding some raw tomato or cucumber. Farro would be great in this bowl as well. I switch it up between raw and cooked vegetables depending on how hearty I want it!
For this recipe – prep:
- 14 oz Can Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps oregeno
- Salt and pepper
- 4-6 mini yellow potatoes
- pink salt
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup lettuce or greens of choice
- Seasonal vegetables of your choice (here I have red pepper and asparagus)*
- Hummus (homemade or store-bought)**
- Pickled Onions (sub roasted red onions)
- Black Olives
- 2 Tbsp Tahini or Olive Oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Water to thin (with tahini only)
- For easy prep the night before: prep pickled onions, tofu feta, hummus (if making)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Chop potatoes and toss with salt, pepper and oregano, bake on parchment paper or a baking mat for about 40 minutes. TIP: if you are baking without oil, try baking them the night before and leaving the tray in the oven with the oven off. This will crisp them up!
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil and seasoning. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Chop and bake your vegetables - this will take different amounts of time depending on your vegetables!
- To make the dressing, mix the tahini with lemon and add water as needed to thin.
- Assemble the bowl start with potato, roasted vegetables, chickpeas, hummus, pickled onions. Drain tofu feta and add to the bowl.
** See post for my recipe
1 14 oz can of chickpeas
5 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp cumin