This recipe is one of my most exciting to share!! I have been experimenting with many different melty vegan mozzarella cheeses for a while and I think I finally cracked the code. To honour the cheese I decided to create a vegan margherita pizza, so all focus is on the cheese (also one of my personal favourite pizzas).
Is a plant fibre which many people use as a laxative! However it also makes a great egg substitute in breads and doughs. It can be found Online or at any bulk or health food store.
Quinoa and oat flours can also be found cheaply in bulk food stores, or made easily at home by blending and equal amount of quinoa and oats.
To make this pizza I used a quinoa and oat flour crust. Feel free to use your favourite homemade or store bought pizza crust. Or if you’re in a time crunch and feel like an extra healthy pizza try this lentil crust!
If you try this recipe make sure to leave a comment, send me a DM or tag @PlentyFullVegan on Instagram!
- Crust (Optional) - Sub your favourite pizza crust!
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup quinoa flour
- 2 Cups oat flour
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Cup cashews
- 1 Cup unsweetened plant milk (I used soy)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch (sub tapioca or corn starch)
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh basil
- Optional: Arugula, dried herbs red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar
- If you are making the crust start by mixing yeast, psyllium husk and water. Let sit for 10 minutes until a gel forms.
- Add quinoa and oats to a blender and blend into a flour if you do not have store bought quinoa and oat flour. Mix with the gel mixture and knead into a dough. Massage in the olive oil. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for about 45 min.
- To make the cheese add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Once blended, add to a pot on low-med heat. Continuously stir to prevent sticking until you have a thick gooey mixture (about 8-10 min).
- To assemble the pizza roll out the dough onto a pan. Cover with dough with tomato sauce. Add dollops of the cashew cheese.
- Cook the dough for 10-12 minutes. Option to turn oven to broil at the end to brown the cheese.
- Top with fresh basil and any additional desired toppings. Enjoy!
Save this recipe for later! Pin the photo below!