These refreshing mango fresh rolls are the perfect summer snack to serve at a party or take on the go! Although they take some prep work they are well worth it. I find they are a great lunch to take traveling, for example on the plane, car to even to the beach because they keep well and pack better than a salad. I like to make a bunch and snack on them throughout the week.
Chopping the vegetables:
It may be easier to use a spirilizer, julienne or peeler when cutting up the carrots and cucumber.
These are essential to the refreshing flavour of the rolls, do not skimp out on these. If you do not have all three, feel free to just add more of one or two. I find the cheapest way to always have fresh herbs on hand is to grow them yourself!
These can be found in the International Aisle of most grocery stores or at any asian super market.
Remember to follow along on Instagram @Plentyfullvegan!
- 4-6 rice paper wraps*
- 1 small mango
- ½ avocado
- ⅓ cucumber
- ½ sweet pepper
- 1 large carrot
- ½ cup purple cabbage shreds
- Basil, Cilantro, Mint
- Orange Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp almond butter (sub any nut butter)
- 2 tbsp tamari (sub soy sauce or liquid aminos)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ an orange
- ½ tsp ginger
- A squeeze of lime
- To make the wraps, chop all vegetables into thin strips. If it is easier you can use a julienne, spiralizer or peeler.
- Fill a large bowl with water. Soak a piece of rice paper for 10-20 seconds massaging the water throughout until the paper becomes soft (it doesn't have to be completely flimsy yet, more water will soak through as you are making it).
- Place veggies and herbs in a line on one side of the wrap leaving about an inch on the top bottom and one side of the wrap.
- Fold to top and bottom of the wrap over the vegetables and seal with your fingers. Then, roll tightly from one side. Repeat until you have used all your vegetables.
- To make the dipping sauce, add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix. You can also use a small blender if it is easier.