It’s that time of year! All the cravings for iced, coffees, frappucinos and any other slushy drink! This delicious take on a vegan frappuccino can be made the night before and blended in the morning. It is made with 3 wholesome ingredients (coffee, plant milk, dates, nut butter, and ice), does not cost you 5$ and most importantly is plastic free!
- This works best with cold coffee so it does not melt the ice. I usually use leftovers from the morning, but feel free to brew proper cold brew for the best tasting results!
- Put your milk in an ice cube tray the night before to make soy milk cubes and use it instead of ice cubes
- Don’t skip the nut butter, this makes it so creamy and delicious
- 1 date = frappucino level sweetness, 2 dates = ice cap level sweetness
If you make this, let me know on Instagram, I love seeing your creations! @PlentyfullVegan
- 1 Cup Strong Brewed Coffee
- ¼-1/3 Cup Plant-based milk**
- 1 Cup Ice
- 2 Medjool Dates or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tahini or Almond butter (This makes it extra creamy, reduce the amount of milk you would normally put in your coffee)
- FOR COFFEE:
- On an average day I just a cup of cold coffee (usually leftover) However, if you want to make proper cold brew, follow the steps below:
- To make cold brew coffee add coffee grounds and cold/room temperature water to a french press. I use about 3 tbsp coffee grounds for 2 cups of coffee. Set in the fridge overnight, do not press. In the morning press coffee. Alternatively, mix water and coffee grounds in a bowl or mug, strain through a coffee filter in the morning.
- FOR FRAPPUCCINO:
- Blend coffee, milk, dates, ice, and nut butter.
* Nut butter sounds funny, but it makes it so creamy and delicious!
* Try freezing plant milk in ice cube trays and substituting this for ice
Looking for more summer treats? Try: Frozen Banana Snickers, or Mango Fresh Rolls!