These healthy vegan cinnamon rolls are perfect for lazy morning brunch! Made slightly healthier than traditional cinnamon buns with whole spelt flour, and natural coconut sugar. These are great to prep the night before and wake up to bake! A few frosting options linked below!
Coconut Butter Icing (slightly healthier option, tastes coconut-y if you like that flavour)!:
1/4 cup melted coconut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp soy milk to thin
Follow along on Instagram @PlentyfullVegan
- 3 Cups Spelt Flour (Or all-purpose flour)*
- 1 pack of instant yeast
- 1 cup warm almond/soy milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar (sub brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Heat almond milk in the microwave until warm (bathwater temperature). Add sugar and yeast and set aside for 6-7 minutes until yeast starts bubbling.
- Add flour and coconut oil to a bowl, mash with a fork until a crumbly consistency forms.
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and let it sit in a warm spot overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In the morning, dust a clean surface and your dough with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out your dough into a long rectangle. Brush the dough with all of the melted coconut oil, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Tightly roll the dough into a long log. Use a sharp knife to cut into 10-12 rolls. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Looking for more vegan brunch inspiration? Try: 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes, Full Tofu Scramble Breakfast