Simple and refreshing summer meal! I have been making a big batch and eating it warm for dinner and cold the next day for lunch! Plus extra pesto for pizza, wraps and more pasta!
To make this recipe I used Chickapea pasta. This is one of my favourite brands as it is made with just chickpeas and lentils. It is such an easy way to eat legumes especially in the summer when you don’t feel like cooking!
This recipe uses tofu feta, this should be prepped in the morning or the night before.
- ½ cup walnuts (sub cashews, almonds or pine nuts)
- 1 cup sun-tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of water to blend (more if needed)
- 2 cups pasta (I used a box of Chickapea Penne)
- ½ eggplant
- 4 Mushrooms
- ½ zuchini
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1 batch of tofu feta (see link above)
- 3-5 black olives
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- Beforehand: make tofu feta and marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to to 350 F. Chop vegetables and toss in balsamic and oregano. Bake for approximately 20 minuets or until soft.
- While the veggies are in the oven Cook pasta according to pack directions.
- Make pesto by combining all ingredients in a blender. Add more water as needed.
Love this recipe? Try: Easy vegan pesto