A simple vegan recipe you can make with the ingredients in your pantry right now! Perfect these Gluten Free Vegan Cupcakes to bring to a party, bake sale or a friend’s with customizable icing.
If you make these I would love to see how they turned out! Be sure to tag @Plentyfullvegan on Instagram.
- 1 Cup plant milk
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 5 tbsp water
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour (Sub Gluten Free All Purpose)*
- ½ Cup Cacao or Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Start by mixing apple cider vinegar with your plant milk to form a vegan 'buttermilk'. Mix your flax with water and leave the two aside.
- Mix your dry ingredients (sift if necessary). Add in the wet ingredients, coconut sugar, buttermilk, and flax eggs. Use a mixer if necessary.
- Pour into a lined cupcake tray until about ¾ full (they will rise).
- Bake for 22-24 minutes. Enjoy! (see post for icing ideas!
Looking for more chocolatey treats? Try: 4-ingredient chocolate (one of my most popular recipes)! Peanut butter brownies, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate peanut butter balls or a cup of Hot Chocolate !