My new favourite lunch! I have been making this vegan chickpea salad for the past few weeks it is so creamy and flavourful, you would not even know it is chickpeas!
Creamy chickpea salad, with crunchy celery, slivered almonds, dill, green onion and dill pickles. Perfect for salad, wraps or sandwiches.
Recipe type: Lunch
- Cashew Cream: (Sub Vegan Mayo)
- 1 Cup Cashews (soaked)
- ½ cup water (more if needed to blend)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 14oz Can of chickpeas
- 2 stalks of celery
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ of bell pepper
- 1-2 Dill Pickles
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup silvered almonds
- Dill to taste (~2 tsp)
- Green onion to taste
- Parsley (optional) (~2 tsp)
- Salt and Pepper
- First make cashew cream, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the chickpeas. I like to leave some whole chickpeas.
- Add in lemon juice, celery, dijon and peppers, then stir in the cashew cream. Then add herbs, almond and salt and pepper.
- Serve in a wrap, sandwich, cracker or salad. Add extra romaine, pickles, cucumber and mustard to wraps and sandwiches!
Looking for more healthy meal prep recipes? Try: Vegan Cesar Salad, Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl, Greek Pasta Salad w/ Sundried Tomato Pesto, Creamy Tomato Soup