My newest smoothie obsession. If you haven’t noticed, I go through big smoothie phases where I have the same smoothie everyday. This has been my go-to combo and favourite for the past few months. It is super filling to get ready for a whole day of activities and jam packed with all the nutrients and protein you could ever imagine.
During the beautiful summer months here in Whistler I barley have a free second. If I’m not working, I spend all my time outside by the lake, hiking or camping. It’s hard to spend time cooking healthy meals when there is so much else to do (and it is so hot). Meaning, I love to get as many nutrients in as possible at breakfast. This way I know I will be full for a while and Iv’e gotten in some good food before the daily adventures begin.
Wheat Grass is an amazing powder to add to your smoothie, it is high in vitamins A, C, E, iron, magnesium and many essential amino acids. Some early studies have also shown it to lower cholesterol and helps prevent cancer.
I have been using Amazing Grass wheat grass powder, I like it because it is just 100% wheat grass. No additives, preservatives or flavours. Not only does this make it healthier, but easier to mask in your smoothies. Not going to lie, plain wheat grass does not taste great but this killer combo is like eating ice cream for breakfast!
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Spinach
- ½ Cup Frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Cashews
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- Small piece of lemon peel (or approx. ¼ tsp lemon zest)
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 1-2 Dates
- 1 Scoop Amazing Grass Wheat Grass Powder (See link above)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds
- ¼-1/2 Cup water (or plant milk) to blend
- Toppings: Granola (see links above), fresh fruit, shredded coconut, extra nut butter
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Blend until smooth and thick. Add more or less water as needed.
- Tip: Pay carful attention to your blenders instructions. Many blenders suggested the order you put in food (ex. frozen, fresh, nuts, liquids) this helps when trying to make smooth and thick smoothie bowls!
Looking for more smoothies? Try: Matcha Colada or Berry Cinnamon Acai Bowl