One of my favourite brunch recipes! These vegan banana pancakes are a great treat on a weekend morning, and are also good if you are at someone’s house and strapped for vegan breakfast ideas. They can be made almost anywhere!
The Perfect First Pancake:
Angela from Oh She Glow’s says that the reason why the first pancake is usually a flop is because the oil is not hot enough in the pan. She pretty much knows everything and is a vegan recipe goddess!! I have tried this trick myself and it works!
Looking for more brunch? Try this savoury simple tofu scramble!
Remember to follow and tag @Plentyfullvegan in all your recipe creations!
3-Ingredient Vegan Banana Pancakes
Simple and healthy banana pancakes made with just 3 wholesome ingredients for a delicious and nutritious brunch!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ Cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Optional: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla
- To serve: Maple syrup, fresh or frozen fruit, coconut yogurt, almond butter, granola
- Pour oats into a blender and blend until a flour forms.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until you have a smooth batter. Add more plant milk as needed to make the batter thin enough.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan*, pour batter in pancake shape, cook for about 5 minutes or until brown on each side. Note these pancakes do not bubble when they are cooking because they don't have baking powder/soda. Instead gently lift one to peep if it is brown enough to flip.
- Serve with your favourite pancake toppings! I love maple syrup, coconut yogurt, defrosted frozen berries and almond butter!
*Ensure the oil is hot enough before you add the pancake batter. It should sizzle upon adding the batter.
Leave a Reply